Meetings:

Action Items:

CZCP Work Plan Meeting, August 27-28, 2013:

Steering Committee 3rd Workshop, Puerto Rico Telcon

Telecon
Friday, January 28, 2011
18:00 - 19:30 UTC

Minutes (Version 0.1 of 2011- 2- 2 8:17)

Participants:


Hans-Peter Plag, NBMG, UNR (Co-Chair)
Michael Bruno, Stevens (Workshop Series Chair)
Paul DiGiacomo, NOAA (Co-Chair)
Doug Wilson, NOAA (Correspondent)

Agenda:

1 Agenda and Action Items of the last telecon
A list of Action Items is available here .

2 Allocation of funding and pre-paid rooms to participants

3 Status of Local Organization.

4 Workshop Program and Session Chairs
A draft workshop program is available at http://www.czcp.org/workshops/Puerto_Rico and there the link 'Draft Program.'

5 Any Other Business

6 Date and time for PR-12

7 Summary of Action Items

Notes:

1 Agenda and Action Items of the last telecon

A list of Action Items was made available here .

Action Item CZCP-PR-11-1: Doug Wilson will send a list of persons for the six pre-paid rooms not yet allocated to Jorge Corredor. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-01-28,

would be followed up after the discussions during the telecon.

Action Item CZCP-PR-11-2: Doug Wilson will initiate a request for travel funds for Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-01-24,

was obsolete since Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade did not need NOAA funding.

Action Item CZCP-PR-10-1: Roy A. Watlington will contact Lenard Nurce, Vincent Sweeny and Neville Trust and invite these to participate in the Workshop. Responsible: Roy A. Watlington, Deadline: 2011-01-21,

was not discussed since Roy A. Watlington had not join the telecon. Likewise,

Action Item CZCP-PR-10-3: Douglas Cripe will ensure that invitations are sent to all Ministries of Tourism in the Carribbean. Responsible: Douglas Cripe, Deadline: 2011-01-24,

was not discussed since Douglas Cripe was not on.

Concerning

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-4: Roy A. Watlington will look at the document under the link 'Sustainable Tourism in SIDS' available on the workshop web page and provide input to Hans-Peter Plag. Responsible: Roy A. Watlington, Deadline: 2010-12-09,

Doug Wilson reported that Roy A. Watlington was working on comments, but Hans-Peter Plag stated that he had not heard from Roy A. Watlington and would soon go ahead and contact other people for comments.

2 Allocation of funding and pre-paid rooms to participants

There was a discussion of how to allocate the available funds to participants. It was agreed to ask the GEO Secretariat to fund six persons.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-1: Doug Wilson will sent the list of six participants to be funded by the GEO Secretariat to Douglas Cripe. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-01-28.

For the GOOS funds, one person was tentatively asigned, and the remaining funds were kept for additional candidates that might emerge in the next days.

Concerning the prepaid rooms, the discussion led to two more rooms being assigned to two participants. This leaves four rooms available.

Hans-Peter Plag and Doug Wilson independently updated their version of the master file. It was agreed that:

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-2: Hans-Peter Plag will send his version of the master file to Doug Wilson for cross check. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-01-28.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-3: Doug Wilson will distribute the complete master file to the core group. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-01-31.

3 Status of Local Organization.

It was agreed that Hans-Peter Plag would ask Vanessa Gutierrez to prepare several items for the workshop:

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-4: Hans-Peter Plag will ask Vanessa Gutierrez to prepare the following items for the workshop:

  • a list of participants including their affiliation and contact details;
  • badges for all participants with name, organization, and country;
  • a folder to hand out with material about GEO, GEOSS, pre-studies, tourist organizations, cruise liners, and local material;
He also will ask Douglas Cripe to provide promotional GEO and GEOSS material to Vanessa Gutierrez. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-01-28.

4 Workshop Program and Session Chairs

A draft workshop program is available at http://www.czcp.org/workshops/Puerto_Rico and there the link 'Draft Program.'

The program was briefly reviewed. Paul DiGiacomo emphasized the need to address the lack of experts in biology and ecosystems. He pointed out that Frank Muller-Karger would be important to have at the meeting.

Hans-Peter Plag mentioned that Gail Henry, CTO, had replied to the initial invitation.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-5: Hans-Peter Plag will contact Gail Henry and investigate whether he was planning to attend the workshop. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-01-31.

5 Any Other Business

There was no other business.

However, Paul DiGiacomo pointed out that during the more informal telecon on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 many issues had been discussed.

6 Date and time for PR-12

It was agreed to hold the next telecon on Friday, February 4, 2011, at 18:00 UTC.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-6: Hans-Peter Plag will ask Douglas Cripe to set up PR-13 for February 4, 2011, at 18:00 UTC. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-02-01.

7 Summary of Action Items

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-1: Doug Wilson will sent the list of six participants to be funded by the GEO Secretariat to Douglas Cripe. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-01-28.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-2: Hans-Peter Plag will send his version of the master file to Doug Wilson for cross check. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-01-28.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-3: Doug Wilson will distribute the complete master file to the core group. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-01-31.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-4: Hans-Peter Plag will ask Vanessa Gutierrez to prepare the following items for the workshop:

  • a list of participants including their affiliation and contact details;
  • badges for all participants with name, organization, and country;
  • a folder to hand out with material about GEO, GEOSS, pre-studies, tourist organizations, cruise liners, and local material;
He also will ask Douglas Cripe to provide promotional GEO and GEOSS material to Vanessa Gutierrez. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-01-28.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-5: Hans-Peter Plag will contact Gail Henry and investigate whether he was planning to attend the workshop. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-01-31.

Action Item CZCP-PR-12-6: Hans-Peter Plag will ask Douglas Cripe to set up PR-13 for February 4, 2011, at 18:00 UTC. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-02-01.


Minutes prepared by Hans-Peter Plag


In case of problems or comments concerning the CZCP Web Pages, mail to the web page administrator