Meetings:

Action Items:

CZCP Work Plan Meeting, August 27-28, 2013:

Steering Committee 3rd Workshop, Puerto Rico Telcon

Telecon
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
20:00 - 21:30 UTC

Minutes (Version 0.1 of 2011- 2-13 14:43)

Participants:


Hans-Peter Plag, NBMG, UNR (Co-Chair)
Doug Wilson, NOAA (Correspondent)
Annie Hillary, NOAA NOS International affairs
Paul DiGiacomo, NOAA (Co-Chair)

Agenda:

1 Agenda and Action Items of the last telecon
A list of Action Items is available here .

2 Funding issues, including new requests, and pre-paid room allocations

3 Status of Local Organization.

4 Revision of Workshop Program
A draft workshop program is available at http://www.czcp.org/workshops/Puerto_Rico and there the link 'Draft Program.' It appears necessarey to discuss a consolidation of the Breakout session and a reduction to four breakout sessions.

5 Session conveners, plenary speakers

6 Any Other Business

7 Date and time for PR-15

8 Summary of Action Items

Notes:

1 Agenda and Action Items of the last telecon

A list of Action Items was made available here . Concerning

Action Item CZCP-PR-13-2: Doug Wilson will ask Yrene Astor for for some advice concerning experts in biology. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-09,

Doug Wilson reported that he has not contacted her yet. However, he did contact LaVerne E. Ragster, who was interested in filling the slot as a plenary speaker. Funding for her is expected to come from the Virgin Islands.

Following up

Action Item CZCP-PR-13-3: Doug Wilson will contact Deirdre Shurland and ask her to give the first presentation in Session P1. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-09,

and

Action Item CZCP-PR-13-6: If Deirdre Shurland cannot give the presentation in P1, Doug Wilson will ask her to be a convenere of Session P1. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-09,

Doug Wilson found out that she would be available both as speaker and convener. Hans-Peter Plag pointed out that it would be better to have her not being both speaker and convener in the same session. After some discussion, it was agreed:

Action Item CZCP-PR-14-1: Doug Wilson will contact Jose Juan Terrasa-Soler and discuss with him the speaker for the opening presentation in Plenary Session P1. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-15.

Hans-Peter Plag mentioned that Jose Juan Terrasa-Soler had agreed to speak during the opneing session. However, a representative of the University of Puerto Rico was still missing. Paul DiGiacomo suggest to ask the president. Hans-Peter Plag mentioned that Michael Bruno and Jorge Corredor did not think that he would be available, and suggested to at least aim for the dean of the department of the local organizers as a compromise.

Action Item CZCP-PR-14-2: Hans-Peter Plag will asked Michael Bruno and Jorge Corredor to clarify whether a high-level University representative can identified to complete the list of speakers for the opening session. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-02-15.

Concerning , Paul DiGiacomo reported that he talked to a colleague, who was going to come back to him with more information. Paul DiGiacomo stated that he will contact the person again on Monday. Paul DiGiacomo also mentioned that he needs to follow up the contact to Jocelyn Lance, EC Humanitarian Aid (ECHO) Office for the Caribbean; and Nicole Alleyne, CDERMA.

Concerning Ulric Trotz, it was pointed out that he might be a good fit as convener of Breakout session 3. A potential candidate for Breakout session B4 would be Lloyd Gardner, who is a former UNEP officer who now works as a consultant in environmental planning and management.

Action Item CZCP-PR-14-3: Doug Wilson will contact Llyod Gardener and discuss a role as convener, preferably of Breakout session B4. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-15.

2 Funding issues, including new requests, and pre-paid room allocations

It was suggested to include Ulric Trotz and Lloyd Gardener as candidates for the GOOS funding. Together with Jeremey Collymore, this would allocate the avaialble GOOS funding.

Doug Wilson informed the George Maul finally decided that he will not be able to come to the Workshop. Bill Proenza was proposed as a potential replacement for the plenary paper, but Hans-Peter Plag pointed out that the program of plenary session is already very full and removing one paper from that session would relax the timing a bit. He also mentioned that Bill Proenza was a convener of Breakout Session 1 and he could be asked to either be a rapporteur or a speaker in one of the Friday sessions.

Doug Wilson reported contacts to the World Bank, and he hoped to be able to get a presentation from them. Hans-Peter Plag proposed that this presentation would be included in the Friday plenary session.

3 Status of Local Organization.

There was no new information concerning the local organization. Hans-Peter Plag reported that he had started to compile a list of participants and hoped that this list could be completed by the local organizers.

4 Revision of Workshop Program

A draft workshop program has been available for some time at http://www.czcp.org/workshops/Puerto_Rico and there the link 'Draft Program.' There was consensus that the number of breakout session should be reduced to four. After some discussion, it was agreed to merge B1 with B4 and B2 with B5. Sessions B3 and B6 would be kept unchanged.

Action Item CZCP-PR-14-4: Hans-Peter Plag will update the workshop program according to the consensus worked out during CZCP-PR14, and he will reduce the number of breakout sessions to four. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-11.

5 Session conveners, plenary speakers

Paul DiGiacomo asked whether he should inform Frank Mueller-Karger that funding for him can not be made available.

6 Any Other Business

There was no other business.

7 Date and time for PR-15

It was agreed to hold CZCP-PR-15 on Wednesday, February 16 at 20:00 UTC, and CZCP-PR-16 on Wednesday, February 23, at 21:00 UTC

8 Summary of Action Items

Action Item CZCP-PR-14-1: Doug Wilson will contact Jose Juan Terrasa-Soler and discuss with him the speaker for the opening presentation in Plenary Session P1. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-15.

Action Item CZCP-PR-14-2: Hans-Peter Plag will asked Michael Bruno and Jorge Corredor to clarify whether a high-level University representative can identified to complete the list of speakers for the opening session. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2011-02-15.

Action Item CZCP-PR-14-3: Doug Wilson will contact Llyod Gardener and discuss a role as convener, preferably of Breakout session B4. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-15.

Action Item CZCP-PR-14-4: Hans-Peter Plag will update the workshop program according to the consensus worked out during CZCP-PR14, and he will reduce the number of breakout sessions to four. Responsible: Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2011-02-11.


Minutes prepared by Hans-Peter Plag


In case of problems or comments concerning the CZCP Web Pages, mail to the web page administrator