Meetings:

Action Items:

CZCP Work Plan Meeting, August 27-28, 2013:

Steering Committee 3rd Workshop, Puerto Rico Telcon

Telecon
Friday, December 3, 2010
14:30 - 16:00 UTC

Minutes (Version 0.2 of 2010-12-10 8: 0)

Participants:


Hans-Peter Plag, NBMG, UNR (Co-Chair)
Paul DiGiacomo, NOAA (Co-Chair)
Jorge Corredor, UPR (Member)
Roy A. Watlington, CaRA/CARICOOS
Douglas Cripe, GEO Secretariat (Core Member)
Pablo Clemente-Colon, National Ice Center, NOAA (Member)
Doug Wilson, NOAA (Correspondent)
Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade, NOAA, Director CTWS
Vanessa Gutierrez, UPR

Agenda:

1 Agenda and Action Items of the last telecon
A list of Action Items is available here .

2 Status of Local Organization.

3 Workshop Program and Session Chairs
A draft workshop program is available at http://www.czcp.org/workshops/Puerto_Rico and there the link 'Draft Program.' This program is slightly outdated. The most recent status is reflected in program work document distributed by e-mail. There, the list of session conveners and invited speakers need to be completed so that invitations can be sent out by the CZCP Chairs.

4 Status of Pre-studies

5 Any Other Business

6 Date and time for PR-8 and PR-9
Anticipated date and time for PR-8 is Friday, December 10, 2010, at 14:30 UTC. Is PR-9 need on December 17, 2010?

7 Summary of Action Items

Notes:

1 Agenda and Action Items of the last telecon

A list of Action Items was made available as here .

Concerning

Action Item CZCP-PR-6-1: Hans-Peter Plag will draft an invitation e-mail to CAST and COTAL and send this to the SC chairs for comments. Responsible: Hans-Peter Plag, Deadline: 2010-12-02,

Hans-Peter Plag reported that he had not be able to draft the invitations but would do so over the weekend.

Concerning

Action Item CZCP-PR-5-2: Vanessa Gutierrez will follow up with the Sheraton the establishing of the web page for hotel reservation and provide the link to this page to Hans-Peter Plag for inclusion on the workshop web page. Responsible: Vanessa Gutierrez, Deadline: 2010-11-28,

Jorge Corredor mentioned that Vanessa Gutierrez was at that moment on the phone with the Sheraton and would report immediately after the phone call was ended.

Paul DiGiacomo reported that following up

Action Item CZCP-PR-2-7: Michael Bruno, Paul DiGiacomo, and Doug Wilson will take the lead in organizing a pre-study to identify capablilities, gaps and issues relevant to the workshop on the provider, more science-oriented side. Responsible: Michael Bruno, Paul DiGiacomo, Doug Wilson, Deadline: 2010-10-01,

there had been a telecon with Michael Bruno, Doug Wilson, Roy A. Watlington, and Paul DiGiacomo. It was decided to put together an over view of the assests in terms of observing infrastructure and services in the Caribbean, to compile a list of names of the main actors, and to move the pre-study forward in January well before the Workshop.

2 Status of Local Organization.

Vanessa Gutierrez joint the telecon after her attempt to contact the Sheraton. She committed to send an e-mail to Hans-Peter Plag as soon as she had manged to get more information on the hotel reservation web page. Vanessa Gutierrez and Jorge Corredor pointed out that the hotel contract was signed, and that the contract included a second room for the second workshop day for posters and breakout sessions.

3 Workshop Program and Session Chairs

A draft workshop program is available at http://www.czcp.org/workshops/Puerto_Rico and there the link 'Draft Program.'

Concerning the list of candiates to be invited as speakers and session conveners, Paul DiGiacomo asked for few more days to prepare this list.

Hans-Peter Plag urged everybody to get this list done so that the Steering Committee could decided on whom to invite. Doug Wilson agreed to a few more days.

In the end, it was agreed that:

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-1: Paul DiGiacomo, Doug Wilson, Roy A. Watlington will get together on Monday, December 6, 2010 and finalize the list of candidates for plenary speakers and session conveners and send this list to the Steering Committee for e-mail discussion not later than Tuesday, December 7, 2010. This will enable to send out invitations before December 10, 2010. Responsible: Paul DiGiacomo, Doug Wilson, Roy A. Watlington, Deadline: 2010-12-07.

Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade mentioned her links to ACODESE, the private association of insurance agencies in Puerto Rico. She talked to Iraelia Pernas, who stated thta ACODESE is interested in the workshop. They get request from cruise lines for sea level data. This led to

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-2: Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade will contact the Secretariat of ACODESE and investigate the interest of them to participate in the workshop. Responsible: Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade, Deadline: 2010-12-07.

Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade also informed about contacts to CDEMA, and she mentioned Andria Grosvenor, who is Technical Manager, Preparedness and Country Support and Jan Elizabeth Riley, the Adj Coordinator. According to Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade, either of these people would be very good to contact. After some discussion, it was agreed that Roy A. Watlington will follow up with CDEMA.

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-3: Roy A. Watlington will contact CDEMA and investigate the interest of them to participate in the workshop. Responsible: Roy A. Watlington, Deadline: 2010-12-07.

Hans-Peter Plag asked Douglas Cripe about the status of his efforts to get contacts to BPoA/MS. Douglas Cripe reported that he contacted Eleni (Greek GEO), who is Task lead for EC-09-02a, and she said that she would look into this. She would come back to him. Hans-Peter Plag stated that he also would try to built contacts to this important intergovernmental program.

4 Status of Pre-studies

The status of the pre-study on capabilities and services had already been discussed.

Hans-Peter Plag pointed out that he had compiled information on relevant intergovernmental and private organizations, and he asked for help. Roy A. Watlington stated that he would look at the document available at the web page and provide additional input.

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-4: Roy A. Watlington will look at the document under the link 'Sustainable Tourism in SIDS' available on the workshop web page and provide input to Hans-Peter Plag. Responsible: Roy A. Watlington, Deadline: 2010-12-09.

5 Any Other Business

Hans-Peter Plag asked also whether the is a good chance that the GEO Director would participate in the workshop. Douglas Cripe responded that there is a chance and that he will ask again. If the director would not be available, Douglas Cripe would come and possibly also Francesco Gaetani if the workshop sufficiently addresses hazards and disasters.

6 Date and time for PR-8 and PR-9

It was agreed to hold the next telecons on Friday, December 10, 2010 at 14:30-16:00 UTC

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-5: Douglas Cripe will set up the WebEx conference for PR-8 on December 10, 2010 at 14:30-16:00 UTC. Responsible: Douglas Cripe, Deadline: 2010-12-08.

7 Summary of Action Items

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-1: Paul DiGiacomo, Doug Wilson, Roy A. Watlington will get together on Monday, December 6, 2010 and finalize the list of candidates for plenary speakers and session conveners and send this list to the Steering Committee for e-mail discussion not later than Tuesday, December 7, 2010. This will enable to send out invitations before December 10, 2010. Responsible: Paul DiGiacomo, Doug Wilson, Roy A. Watlington, Deadline: 2010-12-07.

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-2: Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade will contact the Secretariat of ACODESE and investigate the interest of them to participate in the workshop. Responsible: Christa von Hillebrandt-Andrade, Deadline: 2010-12-07.

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-3: Roy A. Watlington will contact CDEMA and investigate the interest of them to participate in the workshop. Responsible: Roy A. Watlington, Deadline: 2010-12-07.

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-4: Roy A. Watlington will look at the document under the link 'Sustainable Tourism in SIDS' available on the workshop web page and provide input to Hans-Peter Plag. Responsible: Roy A. Watlington, Deadline: 2010-12-09.

Action Item CZCP-PR-7-5: Douglas Cripe will set up the WebEx conference for PR-8 on December 10, 2010 at 14:30-16:00 UTC. Responsible: Douglas Cripe, Deadline: 2010-12-08.


Minutes prepared by Hans-Peter Plag


In case of problems or comments concerning the CZCP Web Pages, mail to the web page administrator